Membership in the Maryland Genealogical Society provides access to some of the best genealogical resources available for Maryland research and helps you make the connections you need to advance your family history research.
Benefits of Membership
- Receipt of the Maryland Genealogical Society Journal three times a year, as well as our quarterly Newsletter
- Access to the databases and other material in the Members Only portion of the Web site
- Advance notice of programs and discounted registration fees
- Reduced fees for research services
- Benefits of membership in the Maryland Historical Society for joint members, including free admission to the Maryland Historical Society Library
- Ability to submit information on families you are researching for listing in the Newsletter and online
For more details on these member benefits, click here.
Categories of Membership
The Maryland Genealogical Society offers two categories of membership for individuals, plus an institutional membership:
Joint membership in the Maryland Genealogical Society and the Maryland Historical Society
$70/year for an individual, $85/year for a family membership
Senior membership in the Maryland Genealogical Society only
$25/year; limited to individuals aged 70 years and above
(If you are a joint member and 70 years of age or more, you may convert your membership from joint to Senior if you wish. When you receive your joint MHS/MGS renewal notice, instead of renewing your joint membership you may convert to Senior membership by paying $25.00 by PayPal or by mailing a check to Maryland Genealogical Society, 201 West Monument St., Baltimore, MD 21201.)
$25/year for libraries, genealogical and historical societies, and similar organizations
Click the button below to pay with PayPal or make out a check or money order payable to Maryland Genealogical Society, and mail to Maryland Genealogical Society, 201 West Monument St., Baltimore, MD 21201.